B i o g r a p h y
The paradigm of classical piano states: "For a pianist to become successful, one has to stay within the boundaries of the classical form itself." In the case of Elizabeth Spano, the artiste transforms classical music into a new sound of elegance and deep tones of 'modern' classical music along with the influences of latter-day composers such as her main influences Ludwig von Beethoven & Johann Sebastian Bach.
Elizabeth Spano's favorite quote comes from one of the greatest representatives of Romanticism in Russian classical music - Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff who once said:
"The new kind of music seems to create not from the heart but from the head. Its composers think rather than feel. They have not the capacity to make their works exalt - they meditate, protest, analyze, reason, calculate and brood, but they do not exalt.”
At the tender age of four Elizabeth Spano began to play piano and quickly became recognized as a child prodigy. At the age of 11 she attended the Glenn Gould Professional School of Music at the Toronto Royal Conservatory of Music. An alumna of York University, Elizabeth Spano excelled to a level equal to that of today's modern-day composers.
Elizabeth Spano's piano repetoire showcases a cascade of compositions that deliver a plethora of subtle key delicacies from the softest feminine delicate touch similar to that of a butterfly to the dynamic roar of key precision far exceeding the limits of today's male piano counterparts. With an endless repertoire that includes the stunning 2 Movement Composition "A Higher State of Consciousness", the ever-so heartwarming "Earth Angels", the spectacular cascade of "Fantasie Opus #29", and an endless modern classical catalogue, Elizabeth Spano is Canada's brightest classical female composer of her time. A modern-day pianist known today amongst her music peers as as genuis, a female master of the classical keys, but mostly, a classical breakthrough composer - a "Piano Rebel"
ACCOLADES & MILESTONES
- 2013 Piano Rebel Project©
(Exclusive career branding & business associate partnerships with Agent/Producer Steven Michael Falusi)
- 2013 FEMME film Contributing Artist & Composer
(Executive Producer Sharon Stone - Director/Producer Emmanuel Itier)
- 2013 FEMME Film New York Private Screening
(Guest appearance with Managing Agent Steven Michael Falusi & Film Director Emmanuel Itier)
- 2013 C-Note Productions Inc. Business Ownership
(Partners with President & Founder Steven Michael Falusi)
- 2013 Spano Music Management & Talent Agency© - Piano Rebel Records©
(Exclusive talent representation & record label co-ownership with President & Founder Steven Michael Falusi)
- 2013 Records Self-Titled Debut Album & Second Album "Reflections"
(Revolution Recording Studio - Produced by Steven Michael Falusi)
- 2014 PURE PIANISM®© A Solo Affair Recital Tour - (Steinway Piano Gallery Toronto)
- Releases ELIZABETH SPANO the Self-Titled Debut Album
- 2014 La Dolce Vita Celebrity Guest Appearance - Studio Next Toronto
(Collaboration with - Studio Next - C-Note Productions Inc.)
- 2014 PURE PIANISM®© A Solo Affair - Glenn Gould Studio
(C-Note Productions Inc. Live recording Produced by Steven Michael Falusi with the CBC)
- 2014 PURE PIANISM®© A Solo Affair Recital Tour - (Arts & Letters Club Toronto)
- 2014 Mercedes Benz-ARBONNE Special Performing Guest Appearance
- 2019 Nightingale Music Festival / Italian Opera Attraction (Solo Pianist / Guest Appearance)
- 2019 Mississauga Arts Council MARTYAwards Nominee "Established Music Solo Instrumental"
- 2019 Waterfront Awards / Waterfront Awards 2019 Nominee- Music Category